Departments & Special Services
With his father, Frank P. Doyle established Exchange Bank in Santa Rosa in 1890. He was the Bank's second president, 1916-1948. Mr. Doyle was determined that the Bank be locally owned and operated. Therefore, he placed his controlling shares of Exchange Bank common stock into a purposeful trust. Dividends there from are converted into scholarships exclusively for students attending SRJC. The Doyle Scholarships program began in 1949. The first occupants of Doyle Center were the cafeteria, bookstore, journalism, ASB offices and faculty lounge. There have been two expansions--one in 1965 and the second in 1980. The current segments are Bear Cub's Den (snack bar), faculty lounge, cafeteria and recreation area.
The 78,000 square foot, three-story Lawrence A. Bertolini Student Services Center replaced the Doyle Center in 2009.
Situated at the northeast corner of the Santa Rosa Campus, the world class center provides multiple student services and a beautiful cafeteria. All services in Bertolini are student centered to support their many needs while attending SRJC. Bertolini provides these services in concert with Plover Hall, both on Elliott Avenue. The steel framing of the three-story center includes a geothermal system and many other sustainable features throughout.