Rooms 1700 - 1799
Departments & Special Services
The original and official name was Engineering Building but received the Shuhaw designation in 1953 when buildings were named for deceased members of the Board of Trustees. Although primarily built as an engineering-physics facility, the first occupants of Shuhaw Hall represented a conglomerate. Also included were aeronautics, art and mathematics.
There were three major alterations on Shuhaw Hall in 1963, 1970 and 1984. The first accommodated electronic technology which was added to the curriculum in 1962. A second addition served the interests of mathematics and brought to a central location its scattered classes from throughout the campus. The third expansion provided space for mathematics and recognized burgeoning enrollments in that discipline caused by advancing technology and the general need for quantitative literacy.